IN THIS REPORT
Apple will require apps to use App Transport Security (ATS) as of Jan 1, 2017 but Appthority researchers have found that:
- Just 3% of apps in the enterprise are currently using ATS without specifying exceptions that weaken the security defaults.
- More than half of apps (55%) allow use of HTTP instead of requiring HTTPS.
This Mobile Threat research report focuses on the impact of Apple’s upcoming ATS requirements on the enterprise and includes:
- Apps in full and partial compliance with ATS
- Insights into challenges developers face in meeting the standard
- Observations about what ATS does and doesn’t do to help app security
- Recommendations for our enterprise customers